Sweet Corn Types
Savor fresh-picked flavor!
Sweet corn has come a long way! Choose from the
Sugary-Enhanced Hybrids (se)
• Superior tenderness, creamy texture and good
• Higher sugar levels than su varities resulting in
hybrids that hold their quality longer than a week
• Isolate from all sh2 and su corn varieties.
Normal or High-Sugar Hybrids (su)
• Hearty corn flavor and firm, creamy texture—has
been grown and enjoyed for many years
• Sugars convert to starches quickly so best eaten
shortly after harvest.
• Vigorous germination and easy to grow
• Isolate from sh2 varieties
Super-Sweet Hybrids (sh2)
• Extra-sweet flavor and crisp texture
• Higher sugar content than se and su varieties, as
well as a slower conversion of sugars to starches—
holds more than a week.
• Isolate from su, se and synergistic types.
Synergistic Hybrids (se/sh2)
• Combines the best characteristics of sh2 and
se types—very high sugar content, tender crisp
texture and slow conversion of sugars to starches.
• Isolate from sh2 and su varieties.
Gotta Have It® Hybrid
• Sweetest of all types; tender, crisp texture
• Highest sugar content and slowest conversion of
sugars to starches—holds more than two weeks
• Isolate from all se and su varieties.