- Fun, low-care groundcover
- Cheerful yellow flowers are a crisp contrast to green foliage
- Popular with butterflies and bees
- Very adaptable and low-maintenance
- Open, loose growth habit makes a casual look
Of all the groundcovering sedums, we think this improved selection gives the most bang for the buck. It's a robust, drought-tolerant grower…but never a garden thug. The bounty of cheerful yellow flowers (larger than other sedums) always look fresh against the matte-green leaves, while attracting butterflies and bees. Once it's established, there's very little care needed; a light mulch is beneficial in cold winters. Wonderful covering larger areas or contributing reliable color in a flowerbed or rock garden.
Best in full sun. Grows to 6 inches tall and 15 inches wide. Zones 3-9.