- Medium to large apples with sweet flavor
- Requires low chill hours, very good for the Coastal South and Zone 9
- Ripens mid June to early July
- Self-fertile, does not require another variety for pollination
- Available in Reachables® size
Southern growers will treasure this golden beauty. Dorsett Golden Apple Tree has very low chill requirements, making it ideal for growing in the Coastal South and zone 9. The trees produce plenty of medium to large apples with a crisp, crunchy texture and juicy, sweet flavor—they're good for fresh eating or cooking into your favorite desserts. The fruits ripen in mid-June to early July. There are very few apple cultivars with low chill requirements and Dorsett Golden Apple and Anna Apple trees are some of the best. We recommend planting them together. Less than 300 chill hours are required for a successful harvest. Zones 5-9.
Why buy a Deluxe package - Deluxe fruit trees include 2 oz. of Fruit-Boost™ Pelletized Calcium to enhance fruit quality, 12 oz. bag of Fruit Tree Food Starter Formula, easy-to-use tree ties (see video below), a premium tree guard to protect the trunk from gnawing pests, mowers and weed trimmers.