Crunch-A-Bunch™ Warm Apple Dressing on Wilted Green Salad Chef Katie O'Reilly
- 6 cups chopped kale or kale mixed with cabbage
- 2 bulbs Belgian endive
- 2 heads red and green leaf lettuce
- 4 cups Crunch-A-Bunch apples in bite-sized chunks, skin on
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews, or almond)
- ½ cup crumbled goat's milk cheese
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste and cracked black pepper to finish
- Slice the endive bulbs into half rounds and add to kale in a mixing bowl.
- In a sauté pan on medium-high heat, add the 3 Tbsp of olive oil and apples. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Divide the greens into four even portions, line plate or bowl with alternating red and green leaves with the kale and endive mix in the center.
- Pour the warm apple dressing onto the greens, top with nuts, crumbled goat cheese, and cracked black pepper.
- Enjoy warm.
Chef Notes: If you would like the nuts warmed and toasted, heat in a dry pan on medium high for 3-4 minutes stirring occassionally to toast all sides
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a savory soup or warm bread and butter