Pixie Crunch® Apple and Potato Pancakes Chef Katie O'Reilly
- 6 medium Pixie Crunch apples, peeled and shredded
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying in pan
- Combine all ingredients (except oil for frying) in a mixing bowl.
- Mixture will be loose and have excess liquid. (This will allow pancakes to lay flat and get crisp when frying.)
- Place vegetable oil in a fry pan on medium-high heat.
- Once oil is heated, use a large fork or slotted spoon to place pancake-sized piles in pan, and cook to desired crispness (approximately 8 minutes per side).
- Remove from pan and set on paper-towel lined plate for 2 minutes to absorb excess oil. Salt and pepper to taste.