- Compact growth habit, unlike wild relatives
- Constant blooms starting in late spring
- Richer yellow flower color
- Attention-grabbing bronze foliage, red stems
- Manageable, clump-forming plant
For everyone who's ever admired wild sundrops but wished the flowers were brighter or there were more of them, and wished the plants themselves were prettier—'Fireworks' is a great improvement! With this garden selection, you get more blooms, bolder color, plus a much tidier habit that allows it to fit in beautifully with other perennial flowers. The red buds and stems contrast dramatically with the bright yellow flowers, as does the bronze-tinged foliage. You'll look forward to its return late every spring—a real scene-stealer!
Plant in full sun to partial shade. Grows 15-18 inches tall and up to 24 inches wide. Zones 4-9.