Gurney's® Covington Sweet Potato Stuffed with Sautéed Oh My!® Seedless Grapes Chef Katie O'Reilly
- 4 medium-sized Gurney's Covington Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbls unsalted butter
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 cups Oh My! grapes cut in half
- 2 oz goat's milk cheese
- 2 tbls honey (extra for drizzle on top)
- 3 tbls, water salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Puncture sweet potato skins with a fork several times, bake for 45 minutes on a baking tray, and when fully cooked, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan on medium high heat, add grapes and sauté for one minute. Add olive oil and cook for 2 minutes. Then add water, cover and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Cut a hole in the top of each sweet potato and scoop inside flesh into a medium mixing bowl. Leave remaining skins intact and set aside to stuff later.
- Mash the sweet potato flesh with a fork until smooth. Add butter and honey and stir, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir grape mixture into sweet potato mash.
- Stuff the sweet potato skins with mashed mixture, top with crumbled goat cheese and drizzle with honey.
Chef Notes: Depending on the size of the sweet potatoes, this dish can be served either as an entrée or a side dish.
Serving Suggestions: Serve warm