Baker's Delight™ Apple and Butternut Squash Soup Chef Katie O'Reilly
- 2 oz vegetable oil
- 4 oz chopped Spanish onion
- 4 oz chopped celery
- ½ lb chopped carrots
- 2 lb roasted butternut squash, cubed
- 1 lb Baker's Delight™ apples, cubed, skin removed
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbs salt
- ½ tbs white pepper
- ½ tbs ground nutmeg
- ¼ tbs ground cumin
- 12 oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs brown sugar or honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, oil a baking sheet, slice butternut squash in half lengthwise, place face down and roast in over for 30 minutes until soft.
- Remove skin and discard, cube the squash.
- In a large heavy pot, on medium heat, add oil, onions, celery, carrots and garlic.
- Sauté for 10 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add apples and butternut squash and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk and all remaining seasoning.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Puree in blender until smooth.
Chef Notes: Garnish with honey Greek yogurt and thin slices of Baker's Delight Apple