- Tangy-sweet flavor with a touch of spice
- One of the best pollinators for other varieties
- Versatile apple for fresh eating or cooking
- Ripens mid September to early October
- Available in Reachables® size
More than 100 years after it was first introduced, Golden Delicious Apple Tree is still treasured by home gardeners. When picked at peak ripeness, its sweet tangy flavor has a touch of spiciness that makes it delicious. It's a favorite for eating fresh. Golden Delicious is also one of the best pollinators for other apple tree varieties—so much so that it's been called a "rooster" tree! It's great for planting with Gala, Pristine, Jonathan, GoldRush, Sweet Sixteen and others. Its fruits ripen from mid-September to early October. Zones 4-7.