- Large red berries with firm, juicy texture
- High sugars with moderate acidity
- A mid-season, Junebearing variety
- Fruits store well in refrigeration
- Plants exhibit good disease resistance
Want the juicy, mouth-watering sweetness of a homegrown strawberry and the storage life of a commercial one? Keepsake Strawberry delivers. Developed by the USDA Agricultural Research Service, Keepsake produces large, flavorful berries with lots of sugars and moderate acidity. When we grew these berries at our research farm, we discovered the berries maintain their sweetness, even on cloudy, rainy days. The juicy berries have just the right amount of firmness and hold up well in refrigeration. So you can pick these berries on the weekend and enjoy their juicy, sweetness all week long. This Junebearing variety also exhibits resistance to anthracnose fruit rot. Zones 4-8.