- Bloom-studded climber, all summer
- Fragrant blooms draw butterflies, hummingbirds
- The prettiest flowers of all the honeysuckles
- Trouble-free and easy to manage
- Winner of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit
What a star! This award-winning beauty has all the virtues of honeysuckles and none of the downsides. It grows slowly to form a screen or to drape over a fence or trellis and is easy to train or prune. It is not troubled by pests or diseases nor nibbled by deer. Large, colorful, tubular flowers—in bloom from spring to frost—waft a rich honey scent, attracting butterflies and hummingbirds. Dark, dense green leaves form an attractive backdrop. Simple to grow in average, moist to well-drained soil.
Suitable for full-sun to partial-shade sites. Climbs 10-20 feet, with a 3-4 feet spread. Zones 5-9.