- Grows 1-3 in. tall, with 12-15 in. spread
- Purple, daisylike flowers in summer
- Succulent, gray-green foliage
- Tolerates dry and sandy soils
- Ideal for edging along walkways
Low-growing perennial thrives where other plants won't! Purple Ice Plant tolerates dry, sandy and gravelly soils. Growing 1-3 inches tall, with a 12-15 inch spread, its succulent, gray-green foliage provides color and texture to the garden. Throughout the summer, purple, daisylike flowers bloom. Often used as a groundcover in hard-to-grow areas and on slopes, Purple Ice Plant is also a good choice for planting in rock gardens and as edging along walkways. Performs best in full sun and well-drained soil. Zones 5-9.