- Perennial Plant of the Year in 2019
- Outstanding pollinator plant
- Gorgeous, showy magenta flowers begin in midsummer
- Manageable, clump-forming habit
- Trouble-free, vigorous growth
Discover why we continue to be enchanted with this superb, easy-going plant, a couple of years after it won the top perennial-plant award—we think you will be delighted with it too. Spires of beautiful flowers rise well above the handsome foliage starting in midsummer and continuing for weeks on end, attracting plentiful pollinators and butterflies to your yard. It's wonderfully disease- and pest-resistant, cold-hardy, and vigorous. It grows slowly to form a dense mat, excluding weeds and filling in borders and broad areas with quality color.
Thrives in full sun and well-drained soil. Each plant reaches 1½ to 2 feet tall and wide. Zones 4-8.