- First garlic to emerge in spring
- Jumbo cloves provide effortless handling
- Aromatic and perfectly spicy
- Highly decorative, purple-striped bulbs
- Edible scapes have a delicate, distinctive flavor
With cloves so big, they almost look like shallots, Krandasger Red will continue to surprise you—from fall planting to first bite. Able to grow at lower temperatures than most, this garlic will be the first to emerge in the spring. Its uniquely large lobes are a snap to separate, peel and prepare—offering a perfectly spicy flavor that won't disappoint. The gorgeous, thick-skinned, purple striped bulbs are topped with edible scapes that have a delicate and distinct flavor. Use the scapes in your favorite recipes as a replacement for scallions or to punch up a stir fry or salad. Approx. 4-7 jumbo cloves per bulb.