- Dramatic, cascading flower spikes
- A burst of late-season color
- Tall yet compact, ideal as a backdrop
- Seeds draw snacking birds to your yard
- Compact, tidy selection of a native wildflower
Wow. You get to enjoy the benefits of a native wildflower—long-lasting blooms, visiting birds (it's a favorite of indigo buntings and goldfinches), natural toughness. All this, but on a dramatic, showy plant. In late summer and fall, it literally cascades and sparkles with radiating flower spikes, earning its name! Growth is tall yet tidy, making Fireworks ideal for anchoring the back of a late-season flowerbed. Thrives in moist, well-drained garden soil.
Prospers in full-sun sites. Reaches between 3-4 feet high and wide. Zones 4-9.