The Benefits of Our Dwarf Lime Tree
- Self-pollinating when kept outdoors
- Exceptional houseplant
- Bears fruit in 1-3 years
Dwarf Lime Tree For Sale from Gurneys
The dwarf key lime tree has glossy evergreen foliage, sweetly scented flowers, and edible tangy fruit in one! This plant gives a tropical look to sunny decks and patios. Growing 4-6 ft. tall, this lime tree is grown in a container as a house plant in most areas of the country. During the summer months, it can be moved outdoors so the bees take care of pollination for you. If left indoors, it can be hand-pollinated. In the winter months, it can be brought to a sunny location indoors or grown indoors under a grow light. Our dwarf lime tree typically produces fruit in 1-3 years. Zones 9-10.
- A Dwarf Key Lime Tree can grow up to 6 ft. tall. A 6-8" pot offers adequate growing space for a young tree. As the tree matures, move it to a larger pot.
How much space does a Dwarf Key Lime Tree need?
- A dwarf lime tree typically lives for 15-20 years.
How long does a dwarf lime tree live?
- Place your dwarf lime tree in a spot that gets full sun for 6-8 hours a day. While the tree is young, water lightly yet frequently enough to keep the soil moist at all times. Gurney's Dwarf Key Lime Tree doesn't require pruning except for inward growing or crossing branches.
How do you take care of a dwarf lime tree?
- No. Dwarf citrus trees have well-behaved, non-invasive roots.
Do dwarf citrus trees have invasive roots?