- Mild flavored with smooth, meaty texture
- Retains distinct markings when cooked
- High yielding with 4-5 beans per pod
- Young pods can be eaten as green beans
- Bush variety requires no staking
A real standout in flavor and appearance! Dependable heirloom variety produces unique half black and half white beans that retain their distinctive markings even after cooking. Each pod bears 4-5 mild-flavored beans with a smooth, meaty texture. When cooked, the beans plump up and double in size. The pods can also be harvested at the young, tender stage and eaten as green beans. Extremely productive plants bear high yields and perform well in almost any climate. Calypso Shell Bean is a bush-type plant and requires no staking. 70-90 DAYS.