- Improves soil aeration and water retention
- Dry formulation won't "burn" young plants
- 5 lb. bag covers approx. 100 sq. ft.
A natural soil conditioner, castings encourage plant growth and improve aeration and water retention. Our 100% worm castings are not composted, mixed or diluted in any way—you get over 50% more worm castings by volume than in other brands! Use it liberally to improve soil beds for vegetables, annuals, perennials, shrubs and lawns. Excellent for covering small seeds like lettuce, carrots and onions at planting time. Improves germination and young plants get a great start. Dry formulation is easy to use—won't "burn" even delicate seedlings. NPK 1-0-0
How to use earthworm castings:
Click here to see Product LabelClick here to see Safety Data Sheet
- Vegetables & Annual Flowers: Line bottom of planting holes and seed furrows with 1 to 2 inch. of worm castings. Set seeds or plants in place and cover with soil. Once every 2 months during the growing season, side-dress at a rate of 1/2 cup per plant or 1 cup per linear food row.
- Perennials: Work 1/2 cup into the soil above the root zone, taking care not to damage shallow roots. Apply in early spring, early summer and early fall.
- Potted Plants and Seeds/Seed Flats (New) Potting Mix: 1 part worm castings to 2 parts soil.
- Potted Plants, Window Boxes or Hanging Baskets (Established): Add 1/2 to 1 in. worm castings to top of soil. Mix in taking care not to damage shallow roots. Water. Repeat every 2 to 3 months.
- Roses, Trees, Shrubs and Berries (New or Freshly Planted): 1 part worm castings to 2 parts soil, mixed. Surround newly dug home with mixter. Spread roots over a mound of the mix in the hole and cover.
- Roses (Established): 4 cups worm castings into soil 2 to 3 in.below the surface of each plant.
- Lawns (New): 10 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. Work 1 to 2 in. into topsoil. Mix in grass seed and water well.
- Lawns (Established): Distribute as a top-dressing at the rate of 4 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.
- Liquefied Castings: Soak 1 part worm castings in 2 parts water for 1 week. Castings tea watering is excellent for fruiting, flowering or difficult to access potted plants.