- Mid-season hardneck variety
- Large cloves wrapped in purple stripes
- Rich, garlicky flavor with no hot kick
- A favorite for roasting and baking
- Approx. 6-10 cloves per bulb
This new introduction is sure to be a hit with garlic lovers. The large, elongated cloves are wrapped in a purple-striped package—and the flavor is rich and garlicky, with a touch of sweetness, and no hot kick or aftertaste. It's our favorite for roasting and baking. Hardneck varieties, like Purple Glazer, perform best in cooler climates, in zones 5-7, and when planted in the fall. In the early summer, hardneck varieties produce scapes, or flower stems that grow from the tops of garlic. They're a delightful addition to recipes and can also be used in fresh flower arrangements. Midseason hardneck variety. Approx. 6-10 cloves per bulb.