- New, smaller-size version
- Does not flop, needs no support
- Perfect for smaller gardens and spaces
- Fast-growing, fills in beautifully
- Soft blue-purple color against sage-green foliage
No more sprawling, falling-over Russian sage! This improved cultivar grows compactly and vigorously, topping out at only 2 to 3 feet high and wide. It also blooms earlier than the older varieties, so you get to enjoy it from midsummer all the way into fall. Especially beautiful color, too—soft blue-lavender flower spikes against light sage-green, ferny foliage with silvery stems. Drought-tolerant once established, attracts pollinators and butterflies. Perfect for a cottage or low-maintenance cottage garden; flatters coneflowers, black-eyed Susans, roses, and more.
Excellent in full sun and well-drained, average garden soil. Zones 4-9.